Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Update
So. Wedding season is over for the summer, which means that wedding planning for the Peters' wedding is in full swing! We've already taken care of a few things... so here's a rundown of things that have been done and things that have yet to be completed:
Checklist
Venue - Lacey Community Center. Over looks a pretty lake in Lacey, WA.
Caterer - O'Brien's Catering. We've had their food before and it is de-licious! We will have a small cake to cut, but the bulk of the desserts will be served by the caterer. And my cousin Abby raves about their grape pie. Whaaaaat???
Drinks - Dad Backholm is taking care of this. He is doing excellent research on wines and beer. No hard-a, my friends.
Photographer - Portraits Expressions. We've been keeping in touch with Molly and she is fabulous. Thinking of doing the bulk of the pictures before the ceremony (ie family and group shots). Other than that, not really sure what to do. We may or may not do an engagement session - still deciding.
Wedding colors - Plum and cream... Dark purple and white in boy terms.
Female attire - I got my dress pretty much right when we got engaged... it's simple and I love it! I'm not wearing a veil, but got a silk hair flower instead. Still need to work on jewelry and shoes... And for bridesmaids: we are still brainstorming ideas for dresses... any thoughts? Think purple. Or black...
Boy attire - Cole is thinking of buying a suit. That's as far as we've gotten.
Ushers - groomsmen.
Guest book/gift table/handing out programs - We're counting on Shannon to round her troops for people to watch over these!
Flowers - My Uncle Dean has some hook ups for bulk flowers... anybody up to make bouquets the day before? :) As of now, no flower centerpieces and Cole is iff-y on wearing a boutonniere.
Ceremony music - I have asked my cousin Melina and my Uncle Dean and would also like my Uncle Doug to be part of the music. They are amazingly talented and I can not wait to hear them!
Reception music - Cole and I will put together a playlist (gotta love iTunes) The community center is equipped with a sound system so it should be easy to set up!
Invitations - Cole and I picked these out. We will have to create and print the verbiage ourselves, but they are very cute! We are not planning on sending out save the dates, but we are almost done putting together a wedding website that we will send out later - this will have information for everyone on date, location, etc. and will be updated as needed.
Hotel accommodations - Maryellen had her wedding in the Olympia area and reserved rooms at the Phoenix Inn in Olympia, WA. It is not too far from Lacey, and it was very nice and clean inside. It also has a continental breakfast and is within close proximity to local bars!
Decorations - I have been folding paper cranes... but am not sure exactly what to do with them. I figured it would be fun to decorate tables or something? I'm using black, white and purple paper. I was also thinking of making origami balloons and putting them in vases. Would that look weird? Any other ideas? My main goal is to be able to do a lot of the decorating items prior to the wedding day.
Still to-do:
Officiant - Might ask my Uncle Devin. Otherwise, anybody know of someone?
Guest list - Finalize.
Rehearsal dinner location - There is talk of Cindy and Glenn coming up to Olympia sometime in September to scope places out...
Rings - I think we both know what we want, but we'll buy them in Oregon at a later date. Gotta love no sales tax.
Favors - no clue.
Anything I'm forgetting?
I'll be posting things on this blog from time to time. If you have any input, ideas, anything - I welcome you to post them!!
The wedding is less than 8 months away... I am so excited!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow you are very organized. Fun to see your ideas.
ReplyDelete